Cosmovore - Into The Necrosphere



For years I’m really intrigued by the Polish artist Zdzislaw Beksínski. His paintings are otherworldly, immensely dark and utterly beautiful. They represent my inner world so perfectly it’s scary. So when I saw the album cover of the German death metal band Cosmovore I immediately knew I had to listen to it. 




Tracklist:

1. Into the Necrosphere
2. Vessel
3. The Watchers
4. All-Devourer

The band is shrouded in mystery, the internet doesn’t know who the band members are, how long they’ve been around or where they get their socks. Here’s what we do know: they’re from Augsburg, Bavaria and that’s pretty much it. O and they made an EP called 'Into The Necrosphere', and it‘s atmospheric blackened death metal from the highest order. If you like Ulcerate and Portal then Cosmovore is right up your alley. This album thrives on the lugubrious dark core of fear and expands it to a whole new level. I mean, the guitars sound like razor-sharp winds that tear your skin apart, just listen to 'Vessel', 'The Watchers' or the title track, or 'All-Devourer'. What the hell all the songs are death metal at it's finest.  It’s music that keeps you from going insane in an insane world.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scientist - Barbelith

Derhead - Irrational I

Wills Dissolve - Echoes